The actual name of the location has been changed in order to protect the location from vandalism.
Saint Anselm of the Assumption was built in 1881. The church was designed by Patrick W. Ford, an Irish-born architect who was responsible for a number of Catholic churches in the area. Its polychromatic brick and brownstone exterior reflects the High Victorian Gothic style of the era. The church closed in 2010 along with a number of other Catholic churches in the surrounding area. Some of the parishioners appealed the closing, but the Vatican upheld the decision in 2015. The building has since been offered for sale, although it currently remains vacant.